Caring With Our Clients, Fierce With The Insurance Companies

We offer language services in Spanish, Polish, Russian and Ukrainian.

Uninsured Or Underinsured Motorist Accident Attorneys Serving Northbrook

Lack of auto insurance is a growing problem in Illinois. If you were involved in a car crash or a truck-car collision with an uninsured driver or in a hit-and-run accident, you may still be able to make a financial recovery for your injuries.

In Illinois, it is mandatory to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Our personal injury lawyers at Orzoff Law Offices in Chicago will review the other driver’s insurance policy and your own insurance policy to see which policy can pay for your damages and losses. In the case of underinsured motorists, you may need both policies in order to pay for the total cost of your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and loss of normal life.

We have a track record of successful settlements and verdicts in personal injury lawsuits and wrongful death claims. We will not let you get less than what you deserve after your accident.

How Underinsured Motorist Coverage Works

It’s common for people to try to save money on their car insurance by carrying a lower limit. For example, the other driver may only have $50,000 in liability insurance, but a severe brain or spinal cord injury may result in damages in excess of $500,000.

At Orzoff Law Offices, our attorneys will seek the maximum amount available under the other driver’s insurance policy. After that, we will negotiate with your own insurance company to cover the remaining damages until we reach the maximum available under your policy.

How Uninsured Motorist Coverage Works

Uninsured motorist coverage operates similarly to underinsured coverage, except that your insurer will pay all of your expenses and damages because the person who caused the accident did not have liability insurance. Uninsured motorist coverage should also cover the cost of your damages if you were hurt in a hit-and-run accident.

Drunk Drivers

If your car accident was caused by a drunk driver, in addition to seeking compensation from their insurance company or your insurance company, we may also be able to seek compensation from the business that served the driver too much alcohol. This is called a dram shop case, and it is an avenue we will pursue in order to ensure that you receive all the compensation you deserve.

We Will Help You Get The Compensation You Deserve

We are dedicated to protecting the rights of injured people and to maximizing their financial recovery. Our lawyers and staff return phone calls promptly and Spanish, Polish, Russian and Ukrainian language legal services are available. Contact Orzoff Law Offices today to schedule a free consultation by calling 847-780-2356 or completing our online contact form.